Monday, April 5, 2010

Hey, this looks like my home

I spent nearly all of Saturday unpacking and organizing my living room. I also did the kitchen and both bathrooms--mainly because I was sick of not knowing where anything was when I needed it. Why did I do this?

I was sick of walking through boxes. I was tired of everything I looked at reminding me of moving. And I really needed the living room put together for Easter and for today, when I started babysitting again. Can you imagine trying to find a 22 month old in a sea of boxes?

But, the good thing is it's starting to look like home. And it helps to bring home the fact that--no matter where we live--we are a family. Pretty soon I'll start hanging pictures.

But first I have to finish unpacking my bedroom. That's kind of a cosmic joke at the moment. :)

2 comments:

Mel Chesley said...

Hehe! Well I am glad to hear it is looking more like home. I hate moving, we'll be doing that again this year as well. Oh well. Joy. :D

The Step In Mom. . . said...

I know how you feel... We were living out of boxes for almost 8 months. By time we made our final move I was so done with boxes being everywhere. The trash company actually called us about the amount of stuff we were putting out, but they were ok once we explained it would only be temporary! Enjoy your home!